The Smart Embedded Systems group gives courses on
- basics of computer engineering
- basics of digital systems design
- smart embedded systems with a focus on Computational Intelligence methods and systems design.
A special emphasis is put on
- embedded systems
- practical experience and teamwork
- application in automation systems.
Therefor we often use mobile robots (among others) as testbeds and demonstrational platforms because they ease the understanding of design issues of embedded and real-time systems and make the internal systems behavior directly accessible in a rather intuitive way. Depending on the specific topic, either wheeled or legged robots are used.